The Labor Government needs to fast track a Hunter rail expansion program. Work must start before the 2011 state election.
- More park and ride facilities
- Full accessibility at all Hunter stations
- Re-open closed lines
The people of Newcastle lose out if the Newcastle rail line is cut - working people, parents with children and prams, young people with their surfboards and bikes.
Big property developers want more land. They are behind the push to cut the Newcastle rail line. In the last decade developers donated over $15 million to NSW Labor.
Tell Labor not to cut the rail line!
Tell Labor you support more rail services in the Hunter:
- Landscape the rail line between Broadmeadow and Newcastle
- Provide safe, easy pedestrian access across the rail line between the harbour and the city
- Coordinate rail transport with buses and ferries
- Provide bicycle and park and ride facilities at train stations
- Ms Jodi McKay, PO Box 1816, NEWCASTLE NSW 2300
- Premier Nathan Rees, GPO BOX 5341, SYDNEY NSW 2000