Tuesday 19 May 2009

Deputy Lord Mayor

This is my last week as the Deputy Lord Mayor, with Clr Boyd taking up the position from next Tuesday.

At the first Council meeting of the new Term I was elected Deputy Lord Mayor, see Council meeting 30 September 2008.

I gave a presentation and answered questions from the students of Tighes Hill Public School and Carrington Public School (4 December 2008), see What does a Councillor do?.

I gave a speech at the Merewether High School Presentation Day (17 December 2008), see Success comes through knowledge and application.

I welcomed Deborah De Williams, who is running around Australia to raise awareness and money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, to the City (28 January 2009), see National Breast Cancer Foundation.

I launched Katheryn Gilshenen’s new book ”Winston’s Birthday – It’s a beautiful day!” at the Newcastle Region Library Lovett Gallery (11 February 2009), see Happy birthday Winston.

I officially opened the 2009 Travelling Film Festival, and enjoyed the screening of the AFI-winning short film animation Dog with Electric Collar (15 May 2009), see 2009 Travelling Film Festival.

No comments: