A full copy of this pollution licence can be found here.
The EPA website shows a history of non-compliance with the licence conditions, though the public register does not show the annual returns for 1 Apr 07 to 31 Mar 08 or 1 Apr 08 to 31 Mar 09.
The most recent non-compliance (for year 1 Apr 06 to 31 Mar 07) includes a non-compliance for:
- Exceedence of annual limit for Nitrogen (Total) (Estuarine) discharged from Monitoring Point 1. The annual load of nitrogen discharged from Monitoring Point 1 was 514,226kg compared to licence limit of 400,000kg.
- Arsenic limit in effluent exceeded. Licence limit of 0.05 mg/L compared with the daily result 0.07 mg/L recorded 31/3/07.
- Exceedence of effluent temperature (43 deg C) for 1.1% of the licence period.
- Exceedence of NOx concentration level at Monitoring Point 20 (Reformer Stack), with concentration of 0.78g/m3 recorded on 6/9/06 compared to the licence limit of 0.35g/m3.
- Exceedence of Oil & Grease limit at Monitoring Point 1 (17mg/L).
The most recent time the EPA has fined Orica for non-compliance was in 2005 when it was fined $10,500 for breaching its licence conditions, see convictions in prosecutions or results of civil proceedings and the judgement.